2019 Presenter Resources
The ResNet Student Technology Conference has always been peer driven. For 26 years, your ideas, processes and solutions have been shared with attendees which benefits everyone. It is our hope that you will be an active participant in the 2019 Student Technology Conference as a presenter. Below you will find the proposal themes and session types – take a moment to explore them both. We look forward to learning about what you are doing at your institution! We will be accepting proposals on a rolling basis, so don’t delay in submitting your presentation.
We are requesting that you also submit a one-page slide to promote your presentation. This slide will be displayed at the Opening Dinner. You will have an opportunity to update your slide closer to the conference if necessary.
- Leadership and Management – Leading your team, developing training, drafting policy, and collecting data. Sessions in this track focus on administrative and decision making topics. Topics may include: Data collection, report generation, training, hiring and management, understanding employees, customer service, organizational structure, and processes and procedures.
- Network Technology – WiFi troubleshooting and implementation, NAC, bandwidth management, and other connectivity and network services. Sessions in this track include a heavy networking focus. These may be highly technical or policy based sessions. Topics may include: wireless networking, client support of a network, network access control, traffic and bandwidth control, network security, and network rules and policies.
- Support Services and Cool Tools – Tips from the trenches: tools and strategies that make supporting technology easier. Sessions in this track focus on the things that make technical support easier, from one colleague to another. This may include software solutions, diagnosis tools, tracking systems, processes and procedures, wikis and knowledge base systems, policies, feedback systems, and strategic planning. What have you done really well that you want to share with someone else in your position.
- Current Computing Technology – HCI, Cloud Solutions, IOT, Blockchain Credentialing, unique in house software development, mobile technology and more! Sessions in this track focus on technology solutions like the ones listed above. This track can also discuss the policies and culture change that these items may force in your organization.
- Emerging Technologies – The future is now! Are you and your institution on the bleeding edge, implementing something so new few (if any) have tried it? Share your experiences with those who will have to follow in your footsteps, letting us benefit from the knowledge you gained while blazing that trail.
- Short Lecture – 30 minute session, including questions
- Long Lecture – 60 minute session, including questions
- Structured Discussion – 60 minute session, proposal submitter will serve as moderator
- Panel Discussion – 60 minute session, proposal submitter will be responsible for pulling together a group presentation from different institutions. Post on the listserv to gather participants!
- Birds Of a Feather (BoF) – An informal conversation during meal times. Can be done ad-hoc, but having a planned BoF will attract participants who plan out their time.